Jacana Jacket - Black
That old scientific theory that oil and water don't mix proves pretty handy when making waterproof apparel. The story of our Oilskin coats dates back to the 1850s when Scottish sailor Emilius Le Roy discovered that the torn sails on his ship could be recycled and made into waterproof coats by painting them with oil. The Jacana is our take on the infamous biker jacket, ideal for those who want a no-nonsense, tough option for outdoor wear
At Driza-Bone, we believe in making timeless, functional and comfortable clothing that is designed to fit and made to endure.
Never influenced by trends or fashion cycles, our garments are designed to be worn time and time again. Inspired by the hard-wearing qualities of workwear and military apparel, Driza-Bone products are durable and will serve you well, even in the harshest of elements.
Our investment in design, quality materials and manufacturing processes ensure that you can depend on every Driza-Bone garment is one you can depend on and one you’ll want to wear.
Everything you need. Nothing you don’t.
- Code: COM1077HWO-BLK
- Construction: 100% Heavyweight Cotton Oilskin outer, 100% cotton lining
- Heavyweight Cotton Oilskin construction makes it waterproof and wind resistant
- Storm collar with Velcro neck tab to give you extra protection against the elements
- Four front pockets with stud closure and bellowed edges for more room to store your belongings
- Belted waist to keep the wind out while riding
- Hidden inner pocket with zip for extra storage
- Adjustable wrist tabs to keep the wind out
- Zip and stud closure
- Made in Australia
At Driza-Bone, we are committed to creating products that last, which is why we endeavour to use durable, high quality materials. To ensure that your Driza-Bone piece lasts you as long as possible, we recommend the following care for your garment:
- Sponge or rinse with cold water (do not use detergent, bleach or any other cleaning agent on the Oilskin fabric unless reproofing)
- Allow to dry naturally in shade
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not iron
- Do not dry clean
- Avoid exposure to high temperature heat sources or any form of ignition
We also recommend the following maintenance for the Oilskin fabric:
- Inspect regularly for dry areas such as shoulder and neck seams, sleeve creases and pockets
- Apply Oilskin Reproofer Spray to these areas as required
- If the entire garment has dried out, you will need to reproof it using the Oilskin Reproofer Wax (this should not occur often if care instructions are followed)
Find out more about shipping and returns